What are you exactly supposed to look at while riding the metro? The common answer would be pretty obvious, your phone. We’re here to present you with 5 alternatives to subway surfing.
Nowadays it’s hard to imagine a life without our cellular babies, but it’s healthy to let go from time to time. What if the metro could be the perfect place to disconnect? Here are 5 things you could do instead of picking up your phone while riding the subway.
- Listen to music/ a podcast: This may seem like cheating, but as long as your phone stays in your pocket, you’re fine. Start checking off the list of recommended albums and podcasts you once promised to listen to.
- Read a book or magazine: Bring a physical book or magazine with you on the subway and use the time to catch up on some reading. This is a great way to relax and unwind.
- People-watch: The subway is a great place to observe the people around you, sneakily. You can observe outfits, get inspired, or just take in the life surrounding you.
- Plan your day: Use the time on the subway to plan out your day. Write down a list of things you need to do, places you need to go, and people you need to see.
- Mindfulness: If you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, use the time on the metro to practice mindfulness and meditation. Close your eyes and focus on your breath, or use a guided meditation app to help you relax and de-stress.
Overall, the subway is a great opportunity to take a break from technology and see the world around you. It might even be a good time to be a little productive. So keep this in mind until the next time you’re on the subway, but please don’t miss your station.